September 2021 Newsletter
A Back-to-School Wellness Campaign
Shop our artist-designed merchandise with messages of support, encouragement, community for students returning to in-person learning. It’s scary. It’s exciting. It’s uncertain. Let’s let our young people know that all feelings are welcome!
Say It/Wear It/Gift It
Our products send messages to our young people that they are not alone, that we are a community standing with them, letting them know that all feelings are welcome! Our messages help students recognize anxiety and promote comfort, safety, inspiration and curiosity.
We don’t just want to say “everything is going to be fine” or “we’ll get through this.” We want to say yes, everything is weird, change IS happening, but if we breathe it all in and love it all out, we will adjust to this nueva norm and find center.
Our artists and designers have created these messages (and more!) on back-to-school products – notebooks to scribble in, posters for the classroom walls, stickers to share with friends, t-shirts with honest messaging. Take a look at what our artists came up with!
Artwork by Florencio Zavala, Marcos Lutyens, Teresa Villegas, Emily Mulvey, Melanie Green.
At Create Protest, we don’t just want to speak out (say it), we want to take action (do it). Wearing and sharing our messages acknowledges a first level of awareness. Awareness can lead to action and we’ve compiled a list of a few great organizations and efforts supporting young people and their teachers during this time of ongoing uncertainty.
- For fun, check out this wonderful Joy Generator created by NPR. "Science shows you can boost happiness by taking time for small moments of delight."
- To help “Inspire Kindness,” take a look at this organization that’s inspiring the world’s largest kindness movement. They have compiled this list of 15 Ideas to Practice Kindness During The Coronavirus / COVID-19
Take a look at these two activities and more organizations to engage with by checking out our Resources page (https://createprotest.com/pages/hello-feelings-resources).
And, we'd love to hear recommendations from you!
California Recall Election
For those of us who live in California, we unfortunately need to pay serious attention to this recall election coming right up on September 14, 2021. PLEASE VOTE NO on recalling Newsom!!! There are a few important things you can do:
1. Send in your ballot asap and VOTE NO on recalling Newsom (the first question on the ballot
2. We are following the recommendation to leave the second question blank (do not vote for any of the candidates)
3. Make sure everyone in your household votes
4. Phone bank to encourage others to vote You can also take a look at our election merch and walk around with a message to VOTE! If you are writing postcards, download these templates designed by our artists: or order them from Postcards to Voters
Wear it/Post it/Tag it!
When you wear your Create Protest merch, be sure to take a picture, post it on your social media, and tag #createprotest, @createprotestmerch. And, send of a photo of yourself wearing one of our products, we’d love to share.
Thank you for joining us,
Julie and Cynthia