Abortion Access - Do It!
With this news leak of Supreme Court Justice Alito’s draft opinion wiping out Roe v. Wade, it seems we have been jolted out of a collective slumber around the issue of access to safe and legal abortions. The erosion of abortion rights in America has been a long time coming, a long strategic game played by Republicans, and one that red states have slowly and steadily restricted.
This leak is not the final decision. While we cannot make an impact on the Supreme Court decision, we can mobilize to make sure that pro-abortion Democratic candidates win office in the midterms. We can support pro-abortion efforts across the country.
We have compiled this list of organizations and actions you can take. Together, we make a difference. Let’s remember that the majority of Americans are pro-abortion. The elected minority cannot make decisions for our majority.
Let’s make our voices heard.
- Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood’s mission is to ensure all people have access to the care and resources they need to make informed decisions about their bodies, their lives, and their futures. Founded in 1916, Planned Parenthood is a trusted health care provider, educator, and passionate advocate here in the U.S. as well as a strong partner to health and rights organizations around the world. Each year, Planned Parenthood delivers vital sexual and reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of people.
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) was created to develop bold, new strategies and programs to advance women’s equality, non-violence, economic development, and, most importantly, empowerment of women and girls in all sectors of society. All programs of the FMF endeavor to include a global perspective and activities to promote leadership development, especially among young women. Along with reproductive rights and access to reproductive technology, the FMF’s programs have focused on the empowerment of women in law, business, medicine, academia, sports, and the Internet.
- National Network of Abortion Funds
- The National Network of Abortion Funds builds power with members to remove financial and logistical barriers to abortion access by centering people who have abortions and organizing at the intersections of racial, economic, and reproductive justice.
- Keep our Clinics Open
Founded in 2008, the Abortion Care Network is the national association for independent community-based, abortion care providers and their allies. Together we work to ensure the rights of all people to experience respectful, dignified abortion care.
- Shout Your Abortion
- Shout Your Abortion is a movement working to normalize abortion through art, media, and community events all over the country.
- Hey Jane
At the corner of technology and health, Hey Jane provides reliable, accessible abortion care online that empowers you to lead your best life.
- Plan C
- Plan C is a small but mighty team of veteran public health advocates, researchers, social justice activists and digital strategists. Plan C envisions a world in which the ability to end an early pregnancy is in the hands of those who need it.